Sunday, June 7, 2020

Welcome to new blog!

One thing I really enjoy about my bike rides, is to document them with photos and a narative. Anytime I've done a multi-day ride, I've created an online journal on a website called crazyguyonabike.com. The site hosts thousands of journals from bicycle travelers all over the world. But I've only documented my longer rides, except for posts on Facebook.
So I decided to start a blog for my day rides, as I often have interesting things that happen on these ride, that I'd like to look back on.

Pictured above is me with my Salsa Marrakesh touring bike, that I purchased in December 2018. It's what I ride most of the time. I have hoped to do some longer touring. I have four other bikes, a road bike, mountain bike, tandem bike, and a recumbent trike.  A touring bike is heavier than a regular road bike. It has more spokes in the wheels. It's made to carry heavier loads, and you can add a front and rear rack, to attach "panniers" (bike bags). It has a steel frame. They are lower-geared. I had the gearing changed out, to lowering the gear ratio. It's a 27 a speed. The triple chain ring is 48-36-26 and the 9 speed cassette is 11-34. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats for June 29-July 5, 2020

Still have my streak going. Rode every day in July, a couple days only 1 1/2 miles, a couple other days 21+ miles. Still averaged 10 miles a...